San Bernardino County and the Center for Employee Health and Wellness follow guidance as directed by the California Department of Public Health and Cal/OSHA. You can find guidance here: CDPH Guidance for Isolation and Quarantine & Cal/OSHA COVID-19 Prevention Non-Emergency Regulations. Employees returning to work after contracting COVID-19 are to complete the COVID-19 Return-to-Work form. You can find the form here: COVID-19 Return to Work Form.
- To obtain a copy of your clearance form (Notice of Medical Evaluation), email us at HR-MedicalRecords@hr.sbcounty.gov. Please state in the Subject line, “Request for NME”.
As the Occupational Medicine Clinic for the County, some of the services provided include:
- Physical evaluations for all new employees.
- Workplace injury evaluations after an employee is injured on the job.
- Return-to-Work evaluations to determine if any restrictions are necessary prior to returning to work.
- Commercial Driver’s License medical examinations for those who will be driving commercial vehicles for the County.
The department would schedule an appointment at the Center for Employee Health and Wellness for the employee. The employee would need to bring their medical note to the appointment that indicates their work restrictions/limitations. The Center for Employee Health and Wellness then advises the department of the employees’ work status and a determination would be made by the department if they could accommodate the employee’s restrictions/limitations. The department’s Human Resources Business Partner may assist in this process.